J took pity on me and took me shopping for a new computer, and this one is the one I ended up with:
- Processor -Intel® Core™ i7-740QM processor
- Operating System -Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)*
- Graphics Engine -NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 350M
- Graphics Memory -2781MB total: 1GB GDDR3 discrete memory + up to 1757MB shared memory w/NVIDIA® TurboCache™ technology
- Memory - 4GB DDR3 memory
- Hard Drive - 640GB HDD (5400rpm)
- Optical Drive -Blu-ray Disc™ Rewriteable (RE) and DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash®*
Among other things, and to top it all off, it is a 3D machine! 3D!! I can do stuff in 3D! Okay, I know I have fallen for the 3D hype, but tell me that you wouldn't want to be typing documents in 3D. Tell me that blogging in 3D doesn't sound way uber cool to you. No, don't bother telling me because I wouldn't believe you anyway.
The only issue I have is that J says I look like Bono with the glasses on.
*** An OMG moment - I just realized that this is my third (3rd) laptop since I started this blog. Either this blog has been around a long long time, or I am much too hard on laptops.