Monday, November 22, 2010

Airport Xrays

I was wondering, with my knee in the sorry shape it is in, can I just book a cheap flight and go through the x-ray machine at the airport?  That would probably cost less than a doctor visit.

Maybe not.

I'm not sure how many people outside the U.S. is hearing about the furor over here with being x-rayed before a flight.  We can "opt out," but if we do we get the sexual assault treatment, which includes getting your man bits or lady bits felt up.  I dunno about you guys, but if us ladies were all that interested in smuggling something illegal through the security lines, we have a built in hiding place... pretty soon they will have their screeners checking that out as well.  Anyway, that is beside the point...

I've done a bit of research (about 2 minutes worth), and I came up with a couple of images for you to peruse.



I'm not sure about you, but this one above seems pretty damn explicit to me.  What the point of this is I have yet to ascertain.  And why is this image being released?  TSA claims the images aren't saved... if they aren't saved then I shouldn't have been able to find these images, should I?  I love how our government treats us like a bunch of wayward kindergarteners.  Tell us what they think we want to hear, true or not.. and hopefully we'll shut up and take our naps and leave them alone to further advance their agendas (do I sound like a conspiracy theorist?  I hope so, I always wanted to be one of those weirdos). 


This is an x-ray I found of shoe bombs.  I couldn't be bothered to read the entire article, but it is here on the TSA website, if you are interested.  Now this is technology I can understand.  Hollowed out shoes.  It has been proven and reported that there are idiots out there in the world that are trying to hurt us infidels.  By blowing off their feet on a crowded airplane.  I understand the x-raying of shoes and fully support it.  I take my shoes off without complaint when I go to fly somewhere.  In some weird way it makes me feel a little bit safer... but ...  x-rays of all my lady bits does not.  It makes me feel violated.

Baby Brother O'Mine works for one of the major airline carriers as a pilot.  I asked him what the policy on the x-rays and pat downs for the air crew is.  He says they were told by their union not to comply.    I just wish us regular folks had that choice.  As it is the only choice we have is to comply or don't fly.

I did find a link on the TSA website to another article that claims that 4 out of 5 Americans support the policies.  I call bullshit on that one.  Read for yourself.  Bullshit.

Later.

No comments: