Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The New Normal

I used to be very interested in the art of politics. Until one day I woke up and realized it was more accurately an art of deception. Call it an epiphany if you like, but since that day I have paid as little attention to it as possible, to save wear and tear on my favorite ulcer.

But occasionally I will run across an article that sums up the way I feel about politics in a very articulate way. This is one of those articles.
Once upon a time, Americans were fond of looking upon backward nations, upon places where law was whatever the king said it was, and noting with pride that we do things differently in our country. But that was a day long ago and a country long gone.

I am impressed with the writing, but sad at the truths it contains.

This will be the only thing I have to say about current politics. Apologies for the lack of humor.

No comments: