Friday, August 17, 2007

Medically Proven!

My ex husband has been friends with a man for many years. The guy was nice enough but had issues with drug abuse. (Why my holier-than-thou ex husband was friends with him has always been beyond my understanding.)

Anyway, two weeks ago the friend overdosed. I'm told it was probably deliberate as the guy was depressed, etc. Last week the doctors told them that there was no brain activity, there was no hope for survival. A sad state of affairs really.

But yesterday I got an email from my ex husband telling me that when the guy was removed from the ventilator, the guy woke up and has now been moved to a regular room, and recognizes his friends when they go to see him.

Of course I had to respond to the email. I told him this was proof that men function on little or no brain activity.

I never got a response.

7 comments:

BikerbabeNJ said...

touchche!!!
Oops, did I say that outloud? (evil grin)

Crankster said...

Jesus, D, that was the coldest, harshest thing I've heard since my parents died.

You get some serious points.

Nina said...

KUDOS!

mark robert allen said...

(ba-boom boom-ching!)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Too funny!

curmudgeon said...

Ugh.

The CEO said...

I know who you were talking about.