Sunday, May 20, 2007

Conversations With My Genetic Remnants

My kids. I love them. They drive me insane. I am only still free and wandering the streets because I want to make sure I am as much of a burden on them as I can possibly be when I get old(er) (HAHAHAHAAAAAA).

Anyway.

I was speaking to my daughter a couple of nights ago. She is getting married in 3 weeks, and I am trying to help out and send her money for the wedding. She called me asking when I was going to send the money, and I told her. I said I also had to send money to her brother as well, since his birthday is this next week. She said he could wait, her wedding was more important. I informed her that no, he could not wait.. it is his 16th birthday and he has plans for the money. She said, "But he's been such a dick lately! He doesn't deserve it!"

Okay.

Fast forward to the next day. My son called asked if I had sent his birthday money yet. I answered him and told him how much it was (because he asked and I'm cool that way). I told him I couldn't send more because I was helping his sister out with her wedding. He said his birthday was more important. I informed him that no, as important as his birthday is, her wedding is just as important. He said, "But she's been such a bitch lately! She doesn't deserve it!"

(You think I'm exaggerating? I'm not.. the conversations were almost word for word identical)

I informed them both that they needed to be nicer to each other.

They are so going to regret driving me crazy like this.

hehe

7 comments:

BikerbabeNJ said...

got bail money handy?

Unknown said...

neither of them deserve the money by the sounds of it.

i was always taught never to expect a present ever. and definately never call to find out when it's being sent!

i think you need to spend bothe of their moneys on a new wii game.

Odat said...

And you thought it would get easier as they grew up???????
Good Luck!!
Peace

Billy said...

Kids who'd have them ?
you just cant win. :)

BikerbabeNJ said...

I've been told (by a significant elder) that the hardest thing she's ever had to do is be a "not mom".. ie: when your son marries a woman you don't like and she's in control of rearing your grands...

Just thought I'd share.

Crankster said...

I'm with Mark on this one. It sounds like they need to work on being a little nicer to you!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Where do your kids live that you need to send them things?

It sounds as if you've done a wonderful job of convincing both of them that they are your favorite, and that's not easy to do.

Perhaps the reason they don't get along (lately) is that they are so much alike.

Good luck sorting it all out, and if you can keep your sanity in the bargain, all the better.