Monday, April 28, 2008

Brevard, North Carolina

Friday afternoon I drove up to Brevard, North Carolina to see The Handsome JC, who had driven down from Maryland to meet the newest addition to his family (the fresh grandson). It was a 4 1/2 hour drive for me, a 9 hour drive for him. I had a really nice weekend though, lots of adventures (in and out of the hotel room, hehe), meeting the other daughter that I had not met yet, and holding the little noobikin, who is absolutely adorable and has inherited his grandfather's freakishly long toes. Brevard is a beautiful town, I would like to visit there again sometime.

There is a small gourmet type store there that we went in that had a plethora of stranged named beers. I bought a few, gave one to JC (I can't remember what it was called but it looked like it was in a moonshine jug with a cork stopper and all) and kept the below one for myself.



I bought the Monty Python Holy Ail for my boss, since he and I both are Monty Python fanatics. He took one look at it, burst into laughter and said that he was going to have to take it home because if he leaves it at work "someone" would take it and drink it. (I failed to mention that it might be me who is the "someone.") The label on the bottle cracks me up, it says, "Tempered over burning witches."

*insert snide ex-wife/ex-girlfriend joke here*





Now, to keep up the spirit of the Cuss-O-Meter, here is my daily addition: BASTARD

2 comments:

BikerbabeNJ said...

I dunno, but it kinda sounds like tourettes to me... ~shrug~

Odat said...

Very cool!!! Love it.
Peace