Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I am currently in Annapolis, it is the middle of the night and I am up blogging because I crawled in bed out of sheer exhaustion at about 9:00. Bad move... now I'm awake, it is too early to start cooking for the Thanksgiving dinner and my tummy is growling, but I don't want to make any noise and wake anyone up. This having to be considerate for other people in the household is going to be an adjustment.

Yesterday when I was stuck in a traffic jam in Richmond, Virginia whilst on my long drive here, I called the divine Ms. Odat to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving. The poor thing was stuck in line at the motor vehicles department. We then talked until she got home and was forced to hang up because she had to find an "implement" to remove an old expired car tag. Implement? I had visions of her trying to remove the tag with implements of destruction. No no no, that can't be right. Or a butter knife. Did she remove the tag with a butter knife? I think we are in need of clarification.

Okay. It is an ungodly hour at the moment and I am getting sleepy again. Time to see if I can make my way back to the bed without waking anyone up.

Goodnight, and enjoy your holiday. :-)

3 comments:

Billy said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Odat said...

I'm glad to see you made it safely....Hope your Turkey Day was a good one....
And...when you called, I was in line for the first time....I had to go back 5 times!!!!! I wish I had an "implement", like a gun to shoot them all....I finally flipped and demanded to see a supervisor....who went over to the idiot that was "helping" me and showed her how to imput the information the RIGHT WAY into the computer!!!! OMG! Assholes.
ok I'm done...( and it was sooo nice to hear your lovely voice!)
Peace

The CEO said...

Now that I'm working, I do wish you'd have called. Happy Thanksgiving!