Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Conversations with the Best Friend

I was talking to the WRS yesterday. (For those of you who don't remember, the WRS is my best friend, the Scottish scientist, and also, by the way, the one who made my nifty little profile picture). We hadn't talked in quite a while, he's been busy doing scientific stuff, apparently, but after discussions about the terrorists in the UK, benign tumors, stupid doctors, family colds, etc., I mentioned that I had today off from work.

"Why?" He asked.

"Its Independence Day." I answered, with a smirk on my face.

"Independence from what?" He asked.

"You guys." I said, still smirking.

"Ah yes, you guys used to be our bitches, don't ever forget that." He smirked back.

"Used to be, that is the key phrase here. Until we kicked your arses." I responded.

He then went on to decry that particular line, claiming it wasn't an ass kicking, we just got too big. I responded that we weren't big at the time, we won fair and square.

"We don't want you now anyway. You'll let anyone in... we, however, only allow the best quality nutters into the UK." He said, in what I thought was a rather witty comeback.

"Good plan so far." Says I.

We have this same conversation every year since yes, I rub his nose in the fact that we ran away from their overbearing asses and there was nothing they could do about it, but oh how they tried. He usually comes up with something insulting every year as well as to why they didn't want us anyway.

It has become one of my favorite rituals. hehe

(Oh, and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!)

No comments: