Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Today was my day for jury duty. I went to the courthouse early so I could find a parking space, went in, did my civic duty of sitting in a fairly comfortable chair whilst reading Hamlet and watching the Travel Channel, and then the judge came in and thanked us for our time because the scumbag criminal plea bargained his way out of deep shit at the last minute.

So now I'm back at work with piles of work to do. Does that seem fair to you, dragging people away from their lives because some asshole decided he thought it would be a good idea to break and enter into a place that did not belong to him?

I don't think so either. Plea bargaining was way too good for the dumbass.

But on the bright side, I am free and clear, no more jury duty until 2009. God almighty that sounds like a long time away.

9 comments:

Nina said...

Congrats!

I did a round of duty over the summer. It was awful. However, I did get the satisfaction of putting away a child molester for life. Hope he enjoys being Big Bertha's Bee-yotch!

Odat said...

And why did you go back to work????
Geeze you're so loyal.
Peace

mist1 said...

I never get selected for jury duty. Something about my facial tic seems to help.

curmudgeon said...

Lucky you!
Now get busy. ;)

BikerbabeNJ said...

Mist is just too damn funny.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Walking creepy and twitching has always helped me, but yelling dirty words can have the desired effect, too.

Deb said...

Yes I did go to work afterward. I was let out so early, and my boss being what he is, always asks what the jury was for and wants details. If I had skipped out on the day he would have wrangled a confession out of me, I just know it.

;-)

Crankster said...

Oddly enough, I've never been called up for jury duty. I really want to do it, though.

Parlancheq said...

Worse is sitting through the whole trial and then having the charges inexplicably (because the jury never gets to hear about the juicy conversations taht lawyers have with judges at the bench) dropped.