Friday, November 03, 2006

Amazon Book Review

I read the reviews for a book on Amazon and the reviews made me giggle in an inappropriate way.

The Author's Review was especially amusing:

Reviews From the Author

Please read my book, but don't take it too literally - some of my co-authors were a little too zealous and I'm not sure it all came out right in translation. If you want the short version, here it is: Be nice to each other, would you? It was a hellish job creating the world and all that, and I'd be most pleased if you didn't all mess it up. As you were. Love, God.

The book being reviewed was The Bible. Who knew God was English....?

4 comments:

Nihilistic said...

I'm gonna wait for the mini-series.

Lee said...

That's pretty funny! Kinda tempting to sign on and write reviews as if I were the author.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Damn. No pressure, but I'd really worry about giving that one a bad review, considering.

Most authors can't get away with bad syntax, run-on sentences, and sketchy research.

Nina said...

Funny.

Too bad The Bible doesn't come stamped with this reviews first line.