There you have it. I'm convinced.
Reasons for Allowing Drinking at Work
1. It is an incentive to show up.
2. It reduces stress.
3. It leads to more honest communication.
4. It reduces complaints about low pay.
5. It cuts down on hangovers because you can cure hangovers, from the night before, with another drink.
6. Employees tell management what they think, not what they think management wants to hear.
7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
8. It encourages car-pooling.
9. It increases job satisfaction because, if you have a bad job, you just don't care.
10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
11. It makes fellow employees look better.
12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
15. Suddenly, farting during a meeting isn't so embarrassing.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
An Old One
I got this in an email years ago and saved it for some reason. Since I am now sharing my office with another person, this seemed very topical (to me anyway).