Tuesday, August 01, 2006

You Too Could Be A U.S. Citizen

My mom is Canadian. Or was, before she became a U.S. Citizen. My son, in his infinite wisdom, refused to speak to her until the day she became a naturalized citizen. Then and only then would he call her "Nan." It was funny as hell, I have to admit. He was just a little over a year old and we all went up to watch her being sworn in as legal. When it was all over we all went out to climb into our van (we had all ridden together). I had my son in his car seat and my mom went to climb into the van and my son piped up..... "NAN!" To this day we tease him about not speaking to anyone who isn't a legal U.S. resident.

Anyway, I took this test this morning and did okay on it. I had an 85% score (I missed 3).

Welcome to the U.S.

I think I'll go back to bed now.

2 comments:

mark robert allen said...

i got 50% right.

it's funny. i know more about a foreign country than i do about my own country, it's governmental processes and history.

i guess that's not really that funny

Sassan Sanei said...

I got 80%, not bad for a crazy canuck duck.