Friday, June 30, 2006

The Wake

Yes I went to the memorial service and wake. The memorial service was very respectful, funny at times. At one point I had tears in my eyes even though I didn't know the man who was being memorialized, other than through reading his blog. The young son that he lost contact with broke down and cried at the end. That boy will have some issues from this I am afraid. I hope someone saves the man's archives so that his son, when he is grown, can see how much his dad loved him, no matter what.

I wasn't required to take pictures at the wake, which is a good thing because I am told that it didn't break up until 1:00 a.m. I felt very out of place there, amongst family and friends of someone I had never met. I stayed long enough to show my respect, then quietly snuck out. I expect a lot of those pictures will turn up on blogs around the country in the next few days, there were a LOT of people there, a large percentage of them bloggers. It was odd, I saw several people that I recognized from their profile pictures on blogs that I have been reading for quite some time now. I felt like I was among celebrities.

;-)

2 comments:

curmudgeon said...

It's too bad they were both deprived of each other's company. I hope the ex thinks long and hard about it too. But, she's probably just giddy about it.

Deb said...

She didn't seem to be in any pain. Odd, I thought from his descriptions of her she would be gorgeous. She wasn't.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.