Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Painters Are In

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that this particular phrase usually means something completely different than how I mean it now. Normally for me it means that its that time of the month (she says in a discreet whisper, fully aware that the menfolk like to pretend that that particular phenomenon is the stuff of myths).

But..... on this particular day, when I say the painters are in, I mean the painters are in. They are just arriving at the carriage house for a day of painting. I can see them out my window and have watched them hauling their equipment up the stairs, some of them in their shorts. It may just be a nice day.

Not that I'm sexist or anything.

;-)

3 comments:

Odat said...

LOL...I've never heard that expression used that way before (must be a southern thang)....anyway, give those painters a wink from me...otay?

Deb said...

Its a UK thang actually.. a phrasal gift from the WRS. lol

BikerbabeNJ said...

live and learn.... sighhhhhh