Saturday, March 04, 2006

I know you have often thought.....

She'd be dangerous if she were on broadband.

Well now I am, so look out. I was on cable internet for quite a while, but the bug of frugalness struck me and I dropped it about a year ago. Since that time I have been on extremely cheap dial up (can you say $4.95 a month). It did okay for what I needed.

But now I'm on Bellsouth's Extreme DSL (yeah baby, 10 MB download in 19 seconds, that was way cool).

The only problem with it is that it is considerably more expensive than my $4.95 a month dial up.

I wonder how long I'll be able to keep it, considering my cheap ass ways (she wonders, detachedly).

1 comment:

Sassan Sanei said...

I predict that you will NEVER go back to dial-up. Why do you think your first month is free? It's like that first hit of heroin in the back of the schoolyard. It's free... but you have to pay for the next one, and the one after that, and you know you're going to want more.

Okay, it's not exactly like that, but you get the point. :)

We've been on DSL since pretty much the day it was introduced in our neighbourhood, which I think was around 1999. My wife was happy with dial-up and unwilling to pay the difference in price for high-speed, considering it to be a frivolous waste of money. After much insisting on my part, we agreed to try it for 6 months, after which she could unilaterally decide to cancel the service without a word of objection on my part. Needless to say, we still have high speed.