Thursday, February 16, 2006

I hate when that happens.

London - The flames of a British couple's Valentine's Day passion were extinguished in more ways than one after their hastily discarded underwear caught fire on a nearby romantic candle.

Fifteen firefighters were needed to extinguish the resulting blaze at a house in Southampton, on England's south coast, after the young pair's tryst became literally red hot at about 11.45pm on Tuesday.

The couple escaped unharmed - but slightly red-faced - while another person who was in another bedroom was rescued as smoke filled the property.

"We would like to send out a message reminding people of the dangers of unattended candles," said a Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service. - Sapa-AFP


No comments: