Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I've always hated that bloody bird...


This is one of those stories that I can't help but laugh at, yet wonder how in the world something so silly could make international news.

Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.
Yup. Something fishy going on there Chris....

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again."
I won't miss the girl, but the bird, ahhh the fun we had.....

The girlfriend's response?
"I’m surprised to hear he’s got rid of that bloody bird; he spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn’t stand Ziggy, and it looks now the feeling was mutual.”
Don't you hate it when your pets butt into the middle of your relationships?

No comments: