Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Delicious

(Thank you Sassan. You are not on my Smartest People Ever list for nothing.)

It has come to my attention that there are companies that exist that actually pickle meat. Pickled meat... sounds like just the thing on a cold winter's night. No no no. Just the thing on a picnic... no. Just the thing to feed to your pet dingos. As punishment. When they shit bones out into your shoes. A little too cruel, but maybe.

Because this was a new item for me, I decided to do lots and lots (okay 3 seconds worth) of internet research. I came up with the following page:

Pickled Meat Page

I should have gotten this gift for my ex husband for Christmas. It's Perfect (with a capital P)!

I just want to know this: Who was the first person ever to get up one morning and decide that they wanted to take that turkey gizzard that they were saving for a rainy day, and put it in pickle juice to enhance the flavor. Pickled Turkey Gizzards. Now we're talking.

No comments: