Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WHY??

J's son refuses.. REFUSES.. to put things away in the kitchen.  After all this time I'm only just getting him to put leftovers away when it is his turn to do the kitchen, instead of leaving them in the pot and cleaning around them.  Okay, I totally made myself laugh there - he doesn't clean around them, if there is something on the stove he ignores the stove completely.

Anyway, this isn't a new discovery but I'm only just getting around to telling you about it.  I will take cream cheese out of the fridge and lay it on the counter to soften.  I go back in two hours later and the cream cheese is back in the fridge.  So I take it out again and lay it on the counter, once again, to soften so I can use it to make either fantastical cheesecake or phenomenal fruit dip (or whatever).  I go in later to mix it up and yup - cream cheese has been put back into the fridge.  I can't mix it that way!   I take it out of the fridge and throw it down on the counter to, yet again, soften.

This has happened over and over.  I can leave the butter out all day.. for two days!  Nope.  He doesn't put it away.  Bottle of ketchup?  Nope.  Peanut Butter?  Jelly?  Milk?  Nope Nope Nope. 

But cream cheese seems to go completely against his sense of decor or something. 

2 comments:

Jess said...

You know what I miss?!? That chicken dish you made...yep. Man, that shit was awesome.

Deb said...

Remind me and when you guys come up I'll make it - although it is so easy to make, you could do it with two hands tied behind your back.