Monday, January 10, 2011

Back In Time

It seems I am now being forced to raise a child.  One who is stubborn, willful, thinks he should be allowed to do what he wants when he wants no matter who it inconveniences and without consequence.  One who thinks that it is okay to eat a stack of 3 sandwiches for lunch.  One who will look me in the eye and lie to me when I ask them did they do what I asked them to do.  "Yes."  No ya fucking well didn't. Glaring at me across the room. A child who doesn't feel he has to contribute in any way. One who believes it is to our privilege and great fortune to be allowed to live in this close proximity of his radiant presence.

Unfortunately, the child is a 21 year old grown man who still needs to grow up.

He lost his 8 year old cuteness long ago, and I'm quickly losing my last reserves of patience.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think it is time for a family meeting and someone by the name of J needs to lay down the law! BOOYA!