Friday, November 02, 2007

Celebration Overload



My birthday was this past week. I have to say that this has been the most eventful birthday I've had since I was a kid. I got more presents and was taken to lunch so many times that it had started getting embarrassing. I'm suffering from food overload... I'll be perfectly happy if I don't see the inside of another restaurant for a while.


I got this thing from JC:



I had mentioned that I loved popcorn but didn't particularly care for the microwave kind because it had too much fat and shit in it, so he sent me the above. I thought it was perfect, and shows that occasionally men DO listen. :-)



Number 1 Boss Dude got me this book. It is absolutely hysterical. We have had many discussions about my eventful parenthood and he has told me a few times that I should write a book.. that ya just can't make this shit up. I love it, hehe.

A friend from work got for me a Halloween coffee mug from Starbucks. I have been drinking buckets of water out of it, but now Halloween is over and I have brought it home. I will be drinking buckets of instant coffee out of it since around here nobody cares that I'm using an off-season mug.

Monday Number 1 Boss Dude took me to lunch at a Cuban restaurant here in Savannah. I had never had Cuban food before, but it was sublime. I did, however, put too much habanero sauce on my rice. Oh. My. God. Was that stuff hot.

Wednesday former Boss Dude and his (no longer new no matter what she says) assistant Jess took me to Cancun. No, not the vacation hot spot - the local Mexican restaurant. Steak Fajita Nachos. Yummmmmmmmmmmy.

Yesterday one of the other assistants in the office (no she doesn't have a blog that I'm aware of), took me to another Mexican restaurant for lunch. I can't remember the name of the restaurant or I would post it, but that place had the best Mexican food in town, I do believe. I was in misery the rest of the afternoon from too much cheese dip and from needing to lie down for a nap.

I have officially hit the point of not wanting to celebrate my birthday anymore... but Christmas is coming up. :-)

5 comments:

Jess said...

La Napalera

curmudgeon said...

Well, HAPPY FRIGGIN' B'DAY!!!

Gee whiz. I remember sending those same sentiments oh, about year ago. ;)

Deb said...

To Jess: Gesundheit

To Curmy: Seems like just last week doesn't it.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Happy belated birthday, Deb, but I won't offer food or we both would gag, me just from reading about all these fantastic meals.

I wonder if I will gain weight from hanging out here.

Your birthday lasts until the day before the next one, by the way. It's the law.

Nina said...

I thought I already posted my belated birthday wishes to you, but guess I dreamed that all up.

So, happy belated birthday!