Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Blogging Adventure

Yup. Blogging can be adventurous. Yesterday I hit the "Next Blog" button and was directed to a blog that had a trojan and a virus imbedded. It shut down immediately upon delivery, so I can't even report it without going through my history and going to the same blog page and getting the same virus and trojan on my computer again. Some people's kids, I swear.

I have spent this morning reading WW1: Experiences of an English Soldier. It is very interesting. The grandson of Harry Lamin, the English soldier during World War 1, is posting his letters to his family on corresponding dates. Unfortunately because of this I have so far been unable to learn the fate of Harry Lamin, so now I am anxious to find out what happened. I was particularly interested in his mentions in his letters about the Scottish soldiers and about how he couldn't really understand their accent. ;-)

Next, my good friend (online and offline) Odat was recently given friendship awards which she passed on to me.



I had posted the story of how I met Odat before, but that story may have been exaggerated. The real story isn't quite so interesting, but our friendship has endured over the past years and I expect for a long time to come. We're already making plans with the Bikerbabe to meet up for shopping and/or dinner when I move closer to them in January. It will be an interesting adventure. And an effort to stay out of trouble. hehe

Anyway, thank you Odat. Love ya chicklet!

I will pass the awards on to the famous Dustbury (a/k/a Charles Hill), with whom I had the pleasure of sharing an evening of rainy weather and mexican food. I enjoy his blog very much, although it does tend to make me homesick for Oklahoma City on occasion.

We need to hang on to our good friends, no matter how far away they are.

3 comments:

BikerbabeNJ said...

OK so I've been behind in reading the only two blogs I read. (spank me) I've been sick and with yesterday being my birthday and alllll....welll... I'm looking forward to seeing you again as soon as you're settled in.

psssst... those people don't know what they're missing! you're a hoot!!!

Anonymous said...

I am deeply humbled, a neat trick for one as shallow as myself. :)

Odat said...

Love you too you nut!!!!
Can't wait to meet up when ya move up this way!!!!!! Look out world, here we come!!!!
Peace