Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hello

Yes. I have returned. Did you miss me? Not all that much I see, but that is okay. I love you anyway despite the lack of affection on your part. ;-)

I had a very nice weekend, seeing and doing things that I normally don't bother with. I was looking at Savannah through the eyes of a tourist, which I haven't done in 8 years. I also saw myself through the eyes of another person, which I haven't done in a while either. I seem to be a bit of an odd duck. We went to the bookstore and I bought Macbeth in paperback (yes, Shakespeare again), and I bought a huge leather bound volume of Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. It was gorgeous actually, but I was laughed at just a bit. Its okay. I embrace my weirdness.

Saturday afternoon was spent at Forsyth Park at the Sidewalk Art Festival. Basically, people enter a contest to draw on the sidewalk with chalk. I still don't know who won, but some of those chalk drawings were excellent. A lot of the people entering were students at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design). The talent is amazing.









This one reminds me of my ex boyfriend, for some strange reason.


This one I took for the handsome JC, who seems to have a pirate fetish. Whoever heard of such a thang?? (hehe)


After wading through the crowds (I think everyone in Savannah was at the park Saturday afternoon), and after listening to muttering in Russian (holy moley was that ever cool), we wandered over and found a table and listened to the live band play. The band was Florez, who impressed enough that both of their CDs were bought. If you get a chance to go see these guys, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.


So there you have it.. or at least some of it.

3 comments:

Odat said...

Welcome back, my friend and blog idol!!!! I missed you! ;-)
Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend...that sidewalk art is cool...and that song is awesome, I love it!
Peace

Parlancheq said...

Very cool pics. I like the fried eggs.

Crankster said...

Seems like a kind of Mary Poppins day. How cool is that?