Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools

I woke up this morning with the intention of posting something completely made up for April Fools Day. I did that last year, and it upset someone that I cared about at the time because he didn't realize what day it was and that it was all made up. He hasn't really spoken to me since. I'm not sure he ever realized that it was all a stupid joke.

Anyway, I decided to just skip it this year.

I was pondering the changes in my life in the last year, the people who have came and went, the new friends, the lost friends. Isn't strange how when you meet someone you think at the time that they are going to be a significant part of your life, only to have them turn out to be just a small blip on the radar, and then they are gone? Then there are other people who we meet by accident or in passing, who turn out to occupy a huge space in our lives, who makes you consider the possibilities.

Last April this blog kept me sane. This year it has been largely pushed aside for other pursuits, yet I can't shut it down. I don't think I am the same person I was just 12 months ago.

Who knows what life will be like around this blog on the next April Fools Day. I may even be back in the mood to pull a really good one by then....

or........

maybe tomorrow at work. I just had an idea for a brilliant prank. hehe

;-)

1 comment:

BikerbabeNJ said...

and you are???

gulp!