Monday, February 26, 2007

The Secret, Part 2

When last we visited the subject, the 10 year old me had just overheard the drunken uncle pronounce to the world (well, where she could overhear it anyway), that she has a sister. The thing is, I can remember hearing that and not being overly surprised by it... I'm not sure why. If I had heard it before then I had forgotten it.

I had an aunt, 3 years older than me, who absolutely despised the ground I walked on when we were kids, and at the time I could not understand why. I turns out that that particular aunt wasn't an aunt after all, she was the sister. I was somewhat happy about having a sister, but at the time I didn't understand why she hated me. I do now of course, it was because I was the one our mother kept.

My sister and I have had a tumultuous relationship throughout the years. We have gotten along as if we were best friends, and fought as if we were, well, you know....... sisters. We aren't close, but when we do see each other it is as if everything is as it should be.

I haven't seen her or spoken to her in almost 8 years, for various, non-specific reasons.

That's it.. the whole story.

No comments: