The past couple of years seem to have been one trial after another. Just when I think things have calmed down, something else comes along to mess up my equilibrium. I wouldn't call it all a total loss though, because I have learned some valuable lessons.
The top ten things I've learned in the last two years:
1. Although insomnia can be uncomfortable, it won't kill a person;
2. If you love someone, TELL THEM, don't let them assume anything;
3. Teenagers can be lethal to a person's self-esteem;
4. Some people truly are irreplaceable;
5. There is such a thing as too much advice;
6. Curtains can be torn down even if you use screws to fasten the rods to the wall;
7. Cat pee is forever;
8. Garbage doesn't carry itself out;
9. The old saying, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger," can be taken either as total fact or pure bullshit;
10. I seem to have a bit of a twisted sense of humor.
And a couple of extra just for shits & grins:
11. My favorite saying from 2006 (so far) is, "Holy crap dude, you just got hit by a train!"
12. I have a favorite saying?