Middle of the night, wide awake, so I decided to surf some blogs. I sat quietly for a while, reading the blogs I came across, and although I am definitely not qualified to make any kind of judgment, I will anyway because this is my blog and I can write what I want.
Top Ten Things I've Noticed About Bloggers:
1. A few bloggers consider blogging as a major undertaking, that having a weblog automatically makes them writers. I read one in particular written by a woman who even labels herself a writer, but the blog was boring. She was a writer of boring (not unlike myself, but that is beside the point, at least I am AWARE of being a writer of boring).
2. Some of the best blogs were written by drunk bloggers.
3. Posting a picture of a kid with food smeared all over their face isn't necessarily adorable.
4. Teenagers from Singapore put so much crap on their blogs that it nearly locks up my computer when I accidentally surf to one.
5. I'm not the only one who blogs about the miracle that is Jelly Bellies.
6. Blogging and poetry do not mix.
7. If I don't see anything of interest in the first 1.2 seconds then I surf to the next one. I think I have the attention span of a fruit fly.
8. The best way to get lots of comments is to write a post about sex.
9. "I noticed you noticing me, and I just wanted to put you on notice that I noticed you too" is the best blog quote EVER.
10. It never fails that when someone puts a song on their blog, they never say what the song is. What if I love it and need to buy the CD?? hmmmmm???
(I just had a pop up ad start talking at me.. that was new, and a bit frightening.)
Okay, thats all for now. I guess I will go read a chapter of my book and then I'll fall asleep again.