Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today's Eclipse

Unless you live in a box (as so many of us do), you were probably aware of the total eclipse that occurred this morning. Although it wasn't visible here where I am, it was available as a live stream on the internet (if you wanted to get up at 5:00 a.m. to watch it). Well, it turns out I was awake, so I watched the eclipse, just so I could report to the rest of you who were still snoozing at that time of the day (you slacker you).

I found the NASA channel and found that it was being broadcast as something equivalent to a reality show, with two hosts, a man and a woman (no idea their names, sorry). I found her completely annoying, but being the event it was, I tolerated her so that I could see the eclipse. As totality approached, she became more and more, ummm.. should I say........ emotional, about the eclipse. By the time the final ring was showing, she was sounding positively orgasmic. Now, I am as impressed as the next person about celestial events such as these, but it does take a bit more than witnessing it for me to become orgasmic. To be fair, the male host was pretty okay, but he was easy to overlook with the annoying woman around.

Final Verdict:

Extremely impressive event, annoying female host, I give it a B+.

Actual screenshot from actual event from my actual screen during the actual live broadcast:

2 comments:

mark robert allen said...

cue bad 80's song:

total eclipse of the heart"

couldn't get it out of my head while i was reading this!!!

Deb said...

I'm so sorry I did that to you. lol