Sunday, December 11, 2005

Speaking of coffee......

I have never been a coffee drinker. I could tolerate it if it had a lot of sugar and a lot of milk in it, in which case I'm better off with tea or hot chocolate, which I do like. But since I stopped smoking (one month and 6 days), I have had an odd craving for coffee. It's almost as if my body will not allow me to have no vices at all, if I give one up, I have to find another. I guess coffee is a pretty harmless one to take up.

Oh, and by the way, a little advice for anyone who plans on quitting smoking for their New Years resolution... water. Drink LOTS of it. I have noticed that on the days that I drink a lot of water, the craving for cigarettes isn't as bad. I now drink 2 1/2 gallons a day. Okay okay I'm kidding.. but I do drink about 2 liters a day. And on the bright side, the smoke breaks that you give up are are still taken and used but for bathroom breaks instead. hehe

No comments: