Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful.....

Okay its just cold. 24 Degrees! That's freezing for this part of my world.

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to fly to my folk's place. They don't know I'm coming. I had told everyone I couldn't make it this year, but the closer Christmas got the more depressed I got, so I decided on Tuesday that I would go. I'm meeting my brother in Dallas and I'm riding up with him. It should be interesting anyway since for the last two weeks every time I would talk to my mom & dad they would say that they wished I was going to be there for Christmas. hehe

I will continue my quest for blog perfection while I'm there, but it will be few and far between since getting any private computer time at all takes me being awake at 3:00 a.m.

Even checking email is risky business, here is a typical conversation:

Mom walking by: Who is that email from?
Me: A friend, Mom.
Mom stopping and looking at my email list: Where did you meet that person and what kind of name is that are they a pervert??
Me: No mom he's a system analyst for Microsoft.
Mom: That doesn't mean he's not a pervert, he could be a rapist or a murderer, he just wants one thing from you.
Me: Mom he's married and has 14 kids!
Mom, finally walking away: What and you think that means anything these days??

Yup, that would be me, sitting there looking all befuddled and wondering why I thought I was going to miss this.

The good news is that now my daughter is 20 and I make her have the same reaction, and it just struck me that I do it on purpose just to aggravate her. I wonder if my mother does it on purpose too. hmmm. That would change the entire nature of our relationship, as well as the previous conversation, which would go more like this:

Mom, sneaking up without me noticing: Who is that email from?
Me: A friend, Mom.
Mom stopping and looking at my email list, snickering to herself, knowing that I'm getting irritated: Where did you meet that person and what kind of name is that are they a pervert??
Me: No mom he's a system analyst for Microsoft.
Mom, secretly laughing and wishing my dad were inside so that he could witness her brilliance: That doesn't mean he's not a pervert, he could be a rapist or a murderer, he just wants one thing from you.
Me: Mom he's married and has 14 kids!
Mom, finally walking away, triumphant in her victory: What and you think that means anything these days??

I'm going to have to keep a close eye on her.

No comments: