Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm a bad bad girl.

BAD. Yes. Me.

I indulged in a bit of retail therapy tonight. I went Christmas shopping and decided that I would buy a little something for myself as well, just to ease my boredom and my holiday angst (the cause of which is a very interesting story, I might tell you about it someday). I was also shopping specifically for the person at work whose name I drew to buy a present for this year. She is fairly new in the office, and I really don't know her well enough to know what to buy, so I was walking through the store, looking for something generic, yet nice, when lo and behold I found myself in the computer department. (Don't ask me, my feet just took me there without any conscious thought.) So I stood there for a bit, admiring all the bits of technology that I can't seem to get enough of, when there it was....... a laptop computer for $549. It was love at first site, but mainly because I have wanted a laptop for so long. But then I remembered my online project from the spam website claiming they have a laptop reserved just for me, so I reluctantly dragged myself away. I just know my freebie one will be a better one anyway.

I turned the corner and started looking at the computer gadgets.. wireless mouse (got it), wireless keyboard (nice but don't need it), CD-Rs (still have plenty), joystick (what the hell for you moron).. then there is was.. love at first site again. An HP Lightscribe DVD-R. I had to have it. I am ashamed, but yes, I bought it. It was cheaper than my CD-R drive that I bought a year and a half ago (that was my justification anyway).

So now I have all evening to play with my new toy. Anyone need any DVDs burned?

No comments: