Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Ex Husbands

I have one. I am sure there was something about him that I liked at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember what that was. Now I find him annoying, judgmental, a master of exaggeration, a person who loves to be seen as "the martyr," among other things that will come to mind later I'm sure, but are probably not postable.

Case in point... my grandmother died yesterday. When I told him, it was as if it was HIS grandmother who died, and that HE and HE ONLY had the right to grieve. Where the hell did that come from??

Another case in point... my son called me this morning telling me that according to his dad my ex mother in law had a massive stroke. Scared the hell out of my 15 year old son, until he got into the exam room to see his grandmother sitting up and looking around and talking. No "massive" stroke there.

What is it about some people that they just can't tell the basic truth no matter what, they feel the need to exaggerate every detail, even when they know that they are going to be found out as liars. I just do not understand how people's minds work.

No comments: