Friday, September 23, 2005

Celebrity Politics.

Celebrities are stupid. Proven scientific fact.

Okay, maybe not, but I have my opinions on the subject. The only problem is that since I'm not a celebrity, my opinions don't matter one iota to anyone but me. Celebrities, on the other hand, seem to think that because their teeth are two shades whiter than the rest of the general population, or because they can afford a private hairdresser to follow their every move to make sure they are beautiful at all times, that means that their political opinions are so much more important than say, oh, the guy that delivers their groceries. The problem with this scenario is that because celebrities always have cameras shoved in their faces, they mistake the general population's fascination with photogenic people as the need to be told what our political beliefs should be, by extremely stupid people. Is it just me.. or am I the only one that believes that just because a person is easy on the eyes it doesn't make them shockingly brilliant or worthy of speaking for the rest of us?

Now don't get me wrong. There are some amazingly sharp celebrities. Jodie Foster (graduated from Yale, or Harvard, or somewhere ivy covered like that), Geena Davis (member of MENSA), etc., but oddly you don't hear them trying to force their political beliefs on us. I'm starting to think that celebrity politics directly relate to their IQ levels. The higher the intelligence, the more they realize that regular folks DON'T CARE about their politics.

Hence.... STUPID CELEBRITIES shout about their political beliefs because they are dumb enough to think we care.

Pretty simple really. But that's just my opinion.

No comments: