Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The Heart, It Breaks

I woke up this morning to rain, it was nice. But when I got up saw that I had messages from my daughter asking if I had heard about a person that I had been friends with for almost longer than I can remember, but she gave me no details in the message. He and his wife were good friends of mine and my ex husband. His wife was my partner in a barber shop many years ago. I moved away, they moved away, but through Facebook we somewhat kept up with each other. They were pastors of a church in a small Oklahoma town. They raised 3 girls, then adopted 3 more girls a couple of years ago. I thought he had died - until I looked up news reports and was horribly shocked at what I found.

He had been raping those girls and is now in jail. His wife turned him in. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through. He is the last one I would have thought would go that direction.

The world is going crazy.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I hope that man dies a slow, painful death. Each day they should come in and chop off a piece of his penis until that day of death comes.

Deb said...

It makes me incredibly sad. I have come to the conclusion that I am the worst in the world at judging character.